Today i was feeling really bored and a little bit crafty. With those two ingredients i decided to tackle a little project that was well overdue.
Every week when i go shopping i end up with 10000000000000000 plastic bags that need a home. These bags eventually come in hand for moving things, taking to work or using as rubbish bags, however then still need to live somewhere in the mean time. A few months ago I saw a tutorial online for making a bag bag and I thought that quite little project would be a perfect way to brighten up the kitchen on a Sunday afternoon.
Now, we did already have a bag bag however it was very old and stained so i decided to just piff it once the pretty new bag was complete. The original tutorial can be found at Craftiness is not optional
and here are my photos of my finished product
I think these would make nice pretty yet practical mothers day gifts to go along with flowers or something else special
So I decided that my crafty endeavors deserve their own blog now because I want kinder fun to be a place for discussing education related things and i felt like the others parts of me still needed a place to go.
I hope this blog will be a place where I can share different projects and ideas with similarly minded crafty people and gather ideas for new projects into the future. As a crafter i enjoy sewing, photography, baking, making things from wood and upcycling.
I thought a nice way to introduce myself would be to give you five facts about me
1. The first item I ever sewed (without assistance) was an apron made of calico and cotton. The calico is a little thin for its purpose, however i still use the apron from time to time so that’s a good thing i think
2. I am a kindergarten teacher in my first year as a teacher and lots of my crafting energy is put into making things that can be used in the classroom
3. I have never sewn my own clothing from scratch. hemmed and repaired yes, but never made a full item of clothing from a pattern. This is something I would love to do at some point in the future
4. My favorite thing I have made so far is some rag baby quilts the ‘boy’ one I am saving until I have my own family one day (because I love it) and the pink one I gave to my friend for her little bub born in February this year
5. I hate eating egg that is on its own (scrambled, boiled, quiche, anything like that) is yucky and I cant stand it.